Please find below a list of useful websites and resources which will help you to support your son/daughter’s careers decisions.
Impartial careers guidance for young people
- National apprenticeships website – http://www.getingofar.gov/
This website has details of all apprenticeships nationwide.
- http://www.youthoria.org/: A website for 11 to 19 year olds in Cambridgeshire with useful information on careers and learning. There are details of local apprenticeships under the “Home” tab of this site.
- http://www.startprofile.com/ – A free gamified careers website helping young people discover pathways to employment .
- National Careers Service – http://www.
nationalcareersservice.direct. gov.uk/ or 0800 100 900
Guidance for parents
careersadviceforparents.org/: A website for parents and carers designed by an experienced, independent career development professional.
org.uk/: A website for parents and carers. The contributors to this website are experienced professionals in the field of careers guidance.
- Kudos (via http://www.cascaid.co.uk/
) – A programme which helps students to identify their skills and interests. There are also videos showing real life workplaces. The licence code for Longsands is idearole16
- The Job Explorer Database (JED) has information, searches and quizzes to help students find out more about hundreds of jobs.
- Students will be sent updates on the latest apprenticeship information, regional college open days and other impartial information and guidance via Doddle.