- it is very important that our database contains essential up-to-date information about the students for whom we care. Please notify us immediately of changes in family circumstances (e.g. names, telephone numbers etc) by emailing email@example.com;
- we encourage parents to use the Astrea app, this offers access to attendance data, reports and lots of other useful information. The Astrea app can be downloaded for free from your app store;
- we contact parents via email or text as our preferred method of communication for many school matters;
- Please report absences to firstname.lastname@example.org
- we regularly update our social media channels with news and information, you can find us on:
Emergency Telephone Numbers:
- It is critical that we have at least two emergency telephone numbers for every student in our care and that we are able to contact either a parent or somebody on the parents’ behalf to inform them of any urgent situations. On rare occasions, we need to be able to contact a parent or relative urgently, eg in the event of an accident. We require a reliable contact person to act on behalf of parents if parents themselves are not able to provide a telephone number;
- although not commonplace in schools, many work places only refer to colleagues by first name. It would therefore be useful if you could include full names when completing emergency contact details.
Contacting the Academy:
- if you wish to come in to meet a member of staff, an appointment must be made in advance.
- the Academy welcomes communication from parents and carers and believes that by working in partnership and having open lines of communication we are best able to support our students. You can contact us by emailing email@example.com or by calling 01480 353535.
- If you contact the Academy we will always endeavour to get back to you as soon as we are able. Please be aware that our staff have very full teaching timetables and therefore there may be a delay in them accessing your message and being able to respond. For urgent matters we will contact you the same day. For non-urgent matters our staff will endeavour to contact you within two working days.
Special Family Circumstances:
if there are specific, personal family circumstances of which you feel the school should be aware, please email either your child’s form tutor or the Head of Year via firstname.lastname@example.org