It is important that students wear uniform with pride and look well presented at all times. Fashion garments are not appropriate for the Academy. We will advise parents/carers if there is any doubt over what is acceptable as part of the uniform.
We strongly advise all students in Years 7-11 to purchase trousers and/or skirts from the Academy supplier. If an alternative provider is chosen, please ensure that the style is reflective of the uniform policy and description.
- A black school jacket with a Longsands Academy badge already embroidered on the jacket, supplied by SWI.
- A Longsands Academy clip-on tie supplied by SWI.
- Mid-grey trousers (not light grey nor charcoal grey) in an approved style (loose fitting, not ‘skinny’) as available from SWI, and most high street and online retailers.
- White shirt/blouse, plain, buttoned, short or long sleeved with standard collar and no logos, which are widely available.
- Shoes must be completely plain black with a smart appearance suitable for office wear (including laces, uppers and soles), have a sturdy, solid sole and not reach above the ankles. Converse and other similar footwear labelled as ‘shoes’ are not acceptable.
- Plain black socks (ankle or below knee length) or plain black tights.
- Optional tailored shorts during the summer term (must be purchased via the SWI website).
- An optional Longsands tartan skirt (must be knee length) supplied by SWI.
- An optional Longsands black V-neck jumper supplied by SWI.
Current expectations will continue to apply, specifically with regards to outdoor coats (not to be worn inside the Academy), PE kit (please see full guidance on the Academy website), jewellery (one pair of studs worn in the lower ear lobe only, a wristwatch and one small ring may be worn, no other jewellery or piercings are acceptable), make-up, hair and nails: natural hair colours only and no extreme styles, the wearing of make-up is discouraged, no coloured nail varnish or acrylic nails. Also, students are NOT permitted to wear hoodies, jeans or leggings at any time.
All students are strongly recommended to have a workshop apron. Students must cover their Academy uniform in the workshops.
Please name every item of your son/daughter’s kit. Examples and guidance for purchasing PE kit can be found here: https://www.astrea-longsands.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/04/New-PE-Kit.pdf
Our new PE uniform is compulsory for students from September 2020.
Each student should be equipped with:
- red PE top, with logo;
- shorts, plain black;
- socks, full length red;
- reversible rugby shirt for boys;
- black base layer
- black tracksuit bottoms;
- Black midlayer ¼ zip;
- trainers, indoor/outdoor (non-marking soles);
- boots for boys and girls (football, hockey, rugby) essential for safety;
- gum shields (hockey/rugby), safety studs (rugby) and shin pads (football, hockey, rugby) are essential for safety.
Further optional PE uniform items for cold weather are available for purchase from SWI.
Please name every item of your son/daughter’s kit.
If you have any further questions or comments please contact the Finance team at Longsands, firstname.lastname@example.org or 01480 353535.
- Outdoor Coats. The Academy has no formal specification of outdoor clothing in its policy. However, parents/carers are asked to bear in mind the image of the Academy in relation to coats. We prefer coats to be plain and without slogans. Items likely to cause offence will not be allowed. Students are not allowed to wear hoodies at any time; any student found doing so is liable to have the item confiscated and returned at the end of the day. Please note: alternatives to the school jumper or blazer are not permitted.
- All jewellery must be removed for PE lessons and other activities where safety could be compromised. Coloured nail varnish is not allowed, including current fashions, such as acrylic nails.
The Longsands Academy uniform is only available from our suppliers – SWI (with the exception of trousers and shirts which can be purchased from SWI or High Street suppliers). SWI, who can offer an online or telephone ordering service and good quality items representing, we believe, good value for money. The Academy will not hold any stock of this uniform, so orders must be placed directly with SWI.
Placing your order
- Online: Visit the SWI website at www.swi.co.uk and order via DIRECT TO PARENT, Login/Register;
- By Post: Send your completed order form with payment by cheque or credit card to:
- Banner (North) Ltd, Fairoak Lane, Whitehouse Industrial Estate Runcorn WA7 3DU
- Please note all cheques are to be made payable to SWI;
- By telephone 01928 752 610;
- By fax – send you completed order form, including credit card details to 0845 519 0055.
- Orders ‘over £70’ are delivered to home ‘free of charge’.
- For orders ‘under £70’ there is a ‘£4 charge’ to have them sent to home.
- Throughout the year SWI offer a free of charge weekly delivery into Longsands Academy.
Examples of Longsands Academy uniform
|Girl’s Jacket||Boy’s Jacket||V-neck jumper||Tie – Black with single
|Girl’s Trousers||Boy’s Trousers||Skirt|
|Trousers must be mid-grey in appearance.
Light grey or charcoal grey are not acceptable.Plain black socks (ankle or below knee length) or plain black tights.
EXAMPLES OF ACCEPTABLE SHOES
ALL students in Years 7-11 must wear plain black shoes, and not trainers.
Shoes must be completely plain black (including laces, uppers and soles), with no logos and have a smart appearance suitable for office wear. Trainers and trainer-style shoes are not acceptable.