To provide every student with the opportunity to be inspired by, and achieve success within the Visual Arts, by becoming creative, confident and independent artists.
- To promote cultural literacy and broaden students’ appreciation of Visual Arts in society and within the world of work.
- To learn about a range of artists and Art movements to develop cultural understanding and critical analysis skills.
- To nurture creative, confident and independent artists who take ownership of their work.
- To inspire joy and curiosity in the use of a wide range of materials and techniques, including new technologies.
- To learn practical skills to improve proficiency of recording to express personal ideas effectively.
- To develop projects from personal ideas and imagination, whilst refining students’ strengths in their chosen techniques.
Please follow this link to view the Visual Arts Curriculum Maps 2020-21
Suggested gallery websites
|London Galleries & Museums:|
|Tate Britain & Tate Modern Galleries, London||www.tate.org.uk|
|British Museum, London||www.britishmuseum.org|
|Victoria & Albert Museum, London||www.vam.ac.uk|
|National Portrait Gallery, London||www.npg.org.uk|
|National Gallery, London||www.nationalgallery.org.uk|
|The Cube Gallery, London||www.cube-gallery.co.uk|
|The Photographers’ Gallery, London||www.thephotographersgallery.org.uk|
|Hayward Gallery, London||www.southbankcentre.co.uk/venues/hayward-gallery|
|Cambridge Galleries & Museums:|
|Fitzwilliam Museum, Cambridge||Fitzwilliam College, Cambridge | College of the University of Cambridge|
|Kettles Yard Gallery, Cambridge||www.kettlesyard.co.uk|
|Zoological Museum, Cambridge||www.museum.zoo.cam.ac.uk|
|Museum of Classical Archaeology, Cambridge||www.classics.cam.ac.uk\museum|
|Byard Art, Cambridge||www.byardart.co.uk|
|Cambridge Contemporary Art (CCA), Cambridge||www.cambridgegallery.co.uk
|Cambridge Open Studios (July only)||www.camopenstudios.co.uk|