Year 6 – watch this video for a guided tour around the Longsands Academy site – thanks Poppy and Max!
Take a look around our new interactive map – this will help you to find our more about your new school!
Watch this video for a warm welcome from some key members of staff:
Watch this video to learn more about our Longsands Academy school uniform – thanks Poppy and Max!
Details for our planned Year 6 transition to Longsands Academy for September 2021 are as follows:
- Transition visits – these involve teachers from Longsands visiting primary schools to work with Year 6 students and Year 6 students visiting Longsands to work with us here, during the Spring and Summer Terms.
- Transition work – we currently have a programme of English and Maths transition work, which is set by Longsands teachers and completed by Year 6 students at primary school during the Summer Term. This work is passed over our Staff ready for use at the start of the Autumn Term.
- Transition Visits – the Head of Year will visit primary schools during the Summer Term to talk to students about Longsands.
- Data Collection – further information and admission forms will be sent to parents to collect student details in the Summer Term.
- Year 6 Parent Information Evening on 24 June 2021
- Transition Days for Year 6 students at Longsands on 29 and 30 June 2021
- First Day of Year 7 will be Monday 6 September 2021.
Additional visits and support will be provided for students with special educational needs or disabilities, students who are very anxious about the transition process or where only 1 or 2 students are joining from the same primary school.
Please follow this link to view the answers to some Year 6 Frequently Asked Questions FAQs
Please follow this link to view the Year 7 Parent and Carer Information Booklet 2021-22
Please follow this link to view the Longsands prospectus