Transition Process 2020/21
Our usual process of transition and our intention for this year, if it is possible to do so, would be to follow the plan below for transition from Year 6 into Year 7. In the meantime, please do enjoy a ‘virtual tour’ using our interactive map:
Please note: the virtual map can be made full screen by using the three dots on the grey tab at lower right of map
- Transition visits – this will involve teachers from Longsands visiting primary schools to work with Year 6 students and Year 6 students visiting Longsands to work with us here, during the Spring and Summer Terms.
- Transition work – we currently have a programme of English and Maths transition work, which is set by Longsands teachers and completed by Year 6 students at primary school during the Summer Term. This work is passed over to Longsands Staff ready for use at the start of the Autumn Term.
- Transition Visits – the Head of Year will visit primary schools during the Summer Term to talk to students about Longsands.
- Data Collection – further information and admission forms will be sent to parents to collect student details in the Summer Term.
- Year 6 Parent Information Evening on 24 June 2021
- Transition Days for Year 6 students at Longsands on 29 and 30 June 2021
- First Day of Year 7 will be Monday 6 September 2021.
Additional visits and support will be provided for students with special educational needs or disabilities, students who are very anxious about the transition process or where only 1 or 2 students are joining from the same primary school.
Please follow this link to view the answers to some Y6 Frequently Asked Questions
Please follow this link to view the Longsands prospectus
Please follow this link to read the letter which has been sent out to local primary schools Virtual Open Evening 2020