Creating opportunities for students to develop their skills, deepen their knowledge and build a lifelong appreciation of music.
What are the aims of the curriculum in your subject?
- Enjoyment of music through practical music making.
- Appreciation and knowledge of different musical genres.
- Knowledge for GCSE, including music technology.
What is the knowledge and understanding you want students to have at the end of their time studying your subject?
- Listening and Appraising
What is the curriculum entitlement for students studying your subject?
- To enjoy a musical experience that is inclusive, allowing individuals to flourish in their own unique way.
- To have the opportunity to develop their knowledge base in order to:
- Continue musical enjoyment into adult life.
- Access further musical education.
- Pursue a musically related career, if desired.
Please follow this link for the Music Curriculum Map Years 7, 8, 9 (2020-21)
Please follow this link for the Music Curriculum Map Years 10, 11 (2020-21)
Please follow this link for the Music Curriculum Map Years 12, 13 (2020-21)