Our vision, in Longsands Mathematics Department, is to nurture students who:
- are numerate, logical thinkers,
- demonstrate resilience and creativity when solving mathematical problems,
- communicate mathematically, both individually and in teams, through discussion and writing,
- achieve mathematically as confident, aspirational and independent learners.
Please follow this link for the Mathematics Curriculum Map KS3
Please follow this link for i2L
Year 11 Maths
This page is about revision for the GCSE Mathematics exams, summer 2018.
Through the KS4 Maths section on the VLE, all students have access to all five sets of AQA practice papers together with the June 2017 and November 2017 series of exams. Additionally, sets of commercial practice papers are also available for download. All of these can be found on the VLE Resources pages: go to the Mathematics Dept – KS4 – GCSE resources – AQA practice papers.
In the same KS4 Maths section on the VLE, a folder, entitled AAA Summer 2018 revision, has been created as a place for key pieces of information, and revision resources prior to each exam. In particular, this will be updated prior to Papers 2 & 3. Please keep an eye on this folder and make good use of any updated resources which appear.
Please particularly remember to attend the important final pre-exam revision sessions as per this timetable:
- Monday, 21 May, Period 1 (Y), Period 5 (X) – prior to Paper 1 exam on Thursday, 24 May.
- Wednesday, 6 June, Period 1 (Y), Period 3 (X) – prior to Paper 2 exam on Thursday, 7 June.
- Monday, 11 June, Period 5 (X), 3.15 pm (Y) – prior to Paper 3 exam on Tuesday, 12 June.
Finally, if you have any queries, or need help accessing any resources, please email Mr Merson: email@example.com