At Longsands Academy, we firmly believe that learning outside of lesson time is essential to long term academic success. It allows our students to extend their learning and to reinforce what has been learnt in class.
Please can I also take this opportunity to remind you that Longsands uses ‘Doddle’ as an online platform to record the setting of homework. Parents can access this through Doddle Parent. The Doddle app can be downloaded by both students and parents/carers on the Google Play store and the iOS App store. To find it, simply search for ‘Doddle Learn’ and download the app free of charge. When downloaded, students and parents/carers use their existing logins to access the app. Students and parents/carers need only log in once, meaning no more forgotten passwords. The app will send daily notifications allowing students and parents/carers to stay up to date with upcoming and due homework.
With Doddle Parent, you can:
- View all homework tasks your child has been set, including when homework tasks are due;
- Access any resources your child has to complete for homework;
- See all homework that has been handed in, including scores received for Doddle quizzes;
- Encourage independent learning so you know exactly what your child needs to work on;
- Have meaningful conversations about what your child has been learning at the Academy.
At home, please support your child by ensuring that they have a quiet environment to do their homework. It is important that your child gets into positive and effective study habits now so that they can fulfil their learning potential.